Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Missouri Senate votes to cut back Prop B

JEFFERSON CITY, MO (MISSOURI DIGITAL NEWS) - The Missouri Senate gave first round approval to undo the controversial Proposition B on Tuesday.


Just months after 52 percent of Missourians voted to place restrictions on dog breeders, Missouri's Senate is trying to overturn that vote.

The changes to Prop B include lifting the 50 dog limit, increasing licensing fees, and clarifying what a domesticated animal is.

Greene County Republican Senator Bob Dixon says lawmakers need to do what is right and not popular.

"Although Prop B did pass by almost 51 percent in my district, I do, as I said, have some concerns with it. But I respect the will and I respect the intent of the people. I also recognize that we don't live in a democracy, we live in a representative democracy, and there is a big difference," Dixon said.

The bill needs one more vote in the Senate.

Emily Kissee, Missouri Digital News

0 comments:

Post a Comment