Monday, October 10, 2011

Debra Tracy won't run for re-election on City Council

CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KRCU) - Cape Girardeau City Councilwoman Debra Tracy, who represents Ward 3, says she will not run for re-election next year.

"My plate is really full. I now have two jobs and one takes me out of town for a couple of days of the week. That was not the case when I started. I was not employed at that time. So it’s a full plate and I’m ready to turn it over to someone else," Tracy said.

Two other city council members are up for re-election next year. Loretta Schneider, who represents Ward 4, and Mark Lanzotti from Ward 5 will both seek another term on the council.

City Council members must be nominated by petition. The petition must be turned in between October 25 and November 22.

The general election will be held on April 3.

Cape Girardeau has a six-person city council. The mayor also holds an at-large seat.

Jacob McCleland, KRCU

0 comments:

Post a Comment