Monday, September 5, 2011

I-70 is major drug transportation link

JEFFERSON CITY, MO (MISSOURI DIGITAL NEWS) - A highway patrolman says more and more drugs are being transported across Missouri.

His comments come on the heels of a major drug bust last Wednesday on Interstate 70.

At a traffic stop near the 142-mile marker on I-70 last Wednesday, a Missouri State Highway Patrol officer conducted a K-9 search that revealed 132 pounds of marijuana.

Sergeant Paul Reinsch says I-70 offers a route from coast to coast for drug trafficking.

"I-70 definitely is a pipeline, obviously right through the middle of the country from east to west and drugs of all kinds are traveling up and down our highways everyday," Reinsh said. "I'm not sure exactly where this load was intended to go. He was intending to distribute it and sell it at a certain point, but at this time I don't know where he intended it to go."

Reinsch also says marijuana is not the only drug being moved across the nation through Missouri, but drugs such as cocaine and heroin are also commonly transported using I-70.

Alex Goldman, Missouri Digital News

0 comments:

Post a Comment