Thursday, February 24, 2011

Anything Goes at the River Campus

CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KRCU) - Southeast Missouri State University actors are currently showing their newest rendition of Anything Goes at the River Campus. The romantic comedy is filled with quirky plot twists and catchy tunes, accompanied by tap dance. Zak McMahon elaborated on his role in the production.

“I have a very small role in it, but I’m multiple characters. My main role is Ching, which is an Asian, and I part Joe Capstick who is Ling. I’m also a featured tap dancer, and then throughout it I have four costume changes. I’m pretty much just a dancer and a chorus member.”

Billy Crocker falls in love with Hope Harcourt when the two share a taxi. They are later reunited on an ocean liner sailing from New York to London. Much to his dismay she is engaged to another man. Through his antics he tries to win her heart, but along the way emotions and actions are misconstrued into comedic madness.

The show is playing through Sunday, February 27th at the Bedell Performance Hall on Southeast’s River Campus.

Ryan Paluczak, KRCU

0 comments:

Post a Comment